Free shipping with purchase over $125.
Lamb shanks with balsamic vinegar
- 4 lamb shanks
- 1.5 Cups Red Wine
- 1 cup of balsamic vinegar
- 1.5 Cups of lamb stock (can be substituted with another kind of stock, or a broth of your choice)
- 2 leeks
- 2 carrots
- 1 onion
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 2 sprigs of rosemary
- 4 sprigs of thyme
- 45 ml of flour
- 2.5 ml cinnamon
- 5 ml cumin
- 10 ml crushed coriander seeds
- 10 ml butter
- Preheat the oven to 300F
- Mix 30 ml of flour and the spices.
- Rub the flour and spice mixture over the shanks
- In a Skillet over medium heat, Heat the olive oil.
- Sear the shanks on all sides, remove from the pan and set aside.
- Cut the leeks into slices and clean
- Coarsely chop the carrots, onions and garlicIn the same pan, brown all the vegetables, as well as the sprigs of thyme and rosemary
- Add the balsamic vinegar, and reduce to low heat by half
- Transfer the mixture to a caserolle (the caserolle should be able to be covered).
- Add to the mixture the red wine, the stock, and place the shanks on top.
- Cover on the middle grill, place the casserole, and cook for 4 hours.
- Remove the pan from the oven, remove the shanks
- Filter the cooking juices from the other ingredients (take care to keep this one)
- In a dish, mix the 15 ml of flour and the butter (butter to handle)
- In a pan, reduce the cooking juices, and add 15 ml of the butter mixture, mixing it vigorously. Add handling butter if required.
Serve on a bed of your favorite side dish, these shanks will be fantastic with fresh pasta or root vegetable puree!
Enjoy your meal!